This is our third week of praying for the upcoming elections in America. Last week we specifically prayed for “kings and high officials”. For the past couple of weeks, we have made list of elected position or specific officials to pray for. This week we will continue to pray for those in elected officials with a specific prayer over their life.
Proverbs is a book full or wisdom and seeking wisdom. Proverbs 1 teaches us that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. As we have been praying for those in authority to have a relationship with Christ, we can also be praying for their wisdom.
To know wisdom and instruction,
to understand words of insight,
to receive instruction in wise dealing,
in righteousness, justice, and equity;
to give prudence to the simple,
knowledge and discretion to the youth—
Let the wise hear and increase in learning,
and the one who understands obtain guidance,
to understand a proverb and a saying,
the words of the wise and their riddles. (Proverbs 1:1-6)
Start your prayer by inserting the name of an elected official and then pray Psalm 1:1-6 over their life. It is often difficult to pray for those you may not have voted for, but God is more concerned with their soul than our votes. Let’s stand united in praying for those in positions on federal, state, and local level.
- Pick an elected official for each day of the week to pray for.
- Spend 2-3 minutes calling that elected official by name and repeating Psalm 1 over them.
- Pray that your heart would be softened to their need/desire for Christ.
Remember, instructions for the prayer movement are simple:
- Set your alarm/reminder on your device for 12 Noon EST each day for prayer. You only need to spend 3-5 minutes in corporate prayer with us. If you aren’t able to pray at 12 Noon EST, NO PROBLEM! Just pick a consistent time of prayer each day.
- Use the weekly blog/email as a template of how we are praying for the week. It will include a scripture reference + 3 key points to pray.
- Share on social media! Our desire to see God’s people come together as ONE in prayer. The more people that join the movement the better!