Election Day is quickly approaching in America. In six weeks, thousands of leadership positions all across America will be renewed or replaced. As the time draws closer it’s inevitable that election campaigns become more intense and often division and strife ensues.
Psalm 1 reads: “Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers. The wicked are not so, but are like chaff that the wind drives away.”
In the next few weeks, we will be providing prayers for America. Specifically for the elected officials.
How can you use Psalm 1 to pray for the leaders?
- Specifically call out a particular elected position (not a person, but the position) and pray they receive counsel from the word of God.
- Pray that position would be blessed in their pursuit of God’s word.
- Pray they would be delighted to know God’s word and be in right standing with God.
This week as we reflect on Psalm 1 in our own life, we can also use this as a specific prayer for those around us. Make a list of elected positions that you want to begin praying over for the next 6 weeks.
Remember, instructions for the prayer movement are simple:
- Set your alarm/reminder on your device for 12 Noon EST each day for prayer. You only need to spend 3-5 minutes in corporate prayer with us. If you aren’t able to pray at 12 Noon EST, NO PROBLEM! Just pick a consistent time of prayer each day.
- Use the weekly blog/email as a template of how we are praying for the week. It will include a scripture reference + 3 key points to pray.
- Share on social media! Our desire to see God’s people come together as ONE in prayer. The more people that join the movement the better!
- Starting August 31, you can sign up for a DAILY TEXT notifications to pray. Simply click on the link https://www.remind.com/join/onthewall or TEXT @onthewall to 81010.